Swiss national held for Maoist link remanded to police custody
Thrissur: Swiss national Jonathan Baud, who was arrested on July 28 from nearby Triprayar for attending a meeting organized by a group of Maoist sympathisers, was today remanded to police custody by a local court.
The Kodungalloor Judicial First Class Magistrate, P B Faseela, sent Baud to police custody after considering a plea by the police.
Baud would be produced before the court tomorrow as he was given to police custody till 1700 hours on August 2.
The bail application of Swiss national moved in the court by his counsel was rejected by the magistrate.
Baud (24) was arrested for addressing a pro-Maoist organization`s meeting at Triprayar and had been charged under section 2(b) of the Foreigners` Act, 1946 and 2(b) of the Foreigners (Amendment) Act, 2004.
He had attended a meeting organized by a group of activists to commemorate a Maoist reportedly killed while making country bomb at Karnataka-Andhra border last month.
He was produced on July 29 before the Judicial First Class magistrate and remanded to judicial custody.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Narendra Modi and Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'