T P murder: SIT arrests one more person
Kozhikode: The Special Investigation Team probing the murder of Revolutionary Marxist Party leader T P Chandrasekharan has arrested one more person of the seven member gang that allegedly hacked him to death.
M C Anoop, part of a seven-member gang, was arrested in Bangalore and brought to Vatakara, they said.
He is the third person after Sijith and T K Rejish of the gang to be arrested.
SIT had arrested Sijith from Mysore in May and the key accused T K Rejish from Maharashtra early this month.
Police said they alre also examining some burnt clothes recovered from a plot near Maramkandi to ascertain whether they belonged to the gang.
Rejish would be subjected to an identification parade here later today in the presence of the First Class Judicial Magistrate.
The SIT team had spread their probe to neighbouring states on information that some gang members had fled to other states after murdering the RMP leader.
Several people including some CPI(M) party functionaries are under arrest in connection with the murder.
Chandrasekharan (50) was hacked to death with sharp weapons by a car borne assailants at Vallikkad near Vatakara in Kozhikode district on May 4.
A former CPI(M) leader in the party stronghold Onjiyam in Kozhikode district, he was expelled a few years back after falling out with the leadership. He later joined RMP, floated by CPI-M activists who either quit the party over ideological issues or expelled for anti-party activities.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!