Tainted catholic priest surrenders before Kerala police
Kochi: Father Jaison Kollannur, the ousted Director of Kerala Catholic Youth Movement (KCYM), and three other KCYM activists on Saturday surrendered before police here in connection with a human trafficking case.
Kollannur, the third accused in the case, had earlier been removed by Kerala Catholic Bishops Council (KCBC) from the post of Secretary of its Youth Commission when media reports of his involvement in the case broke out.
The four had earlier been granted conditional bail by the Kerala High Court and were asked to surrender before the Investigating Officer here upon furnishing a bond amount of Rs 25,000 and two solvent sureties for like amount.
Police registered a case against them after investigations revealed they had charged Rs 50,000 as commission and had sent 35 unskilled workers to the US under the guise of attending a Global education meet organised by Shadwells, an educational management company operating from nearby Kakkanad.
Police had launched a probe after the US Consulate in Chennai unearthed the plot of Shadwells to send unskilled workers to US for attending a conference.
The company`s CEO Tom Boby and HR Manager Suby Kurien had earlier been arrested.
All the four were later produced before a Magistrate court at nearby Aluva.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!