Taxis, autorickshaws on strike in Kerala
Thiruvananthapuram: A large number of autorickshaws and taxies in Kerala went off the roads on Thursday demanding fare revision in the wake of hike in prices of petrol and diesel.
The strike call was given by autorickshaw and taxi workers affiliated to the Joint Action Council of trade unions comprising CITU, AITUC, BMS STU and UTUC.
They wanted to increase the minimum fare from Rs 12 to Rs 15 for autorickshaws and minimum charge of taxi to be fixed at Rs 100.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH