Teacher attack: Noisy scenes prevail in Kerala Assembly
Thiruvananthapuram: Opposition LDF led by
CPI-M on Friday disrupted proceedings in the Kerala Assembly
leading to adjournment of the House for the day over the
attack on a school teacher in Kollam district.
The Opposition demanded a CBI probe into the incident
alleging that investigation by state police would not be
impartial as there was possibility of intervention from UDF
leader Pillai, and his son and State Forest Minister K B
Opposition leader V S Achuthanandan also questioned the
use of mobile phone (to speak to the media) by Pillai, a
former minister, serving one year imprisonment after being
convicted in a corruption case.
Chief Minister Oommen Chandy rejected the LDF charge and
said it was wrong on the part of Opposition to identify
culprits in a case when investigation was progressing.
Replying to a notice for an adjournment motion on the
issue, Chandy said a special police team had been constituted
to probe the case and Southern Range IG Padmakumar has been
entrusted to monitor the progress of investigation.
"Persons behind the attack will be booked," Chandy added.
Krishnakumar (47), teacher in the private RVVHS School,was
found in a serious condition on the roadside at Valakam in
Kollam district in the wee hours of September 27. He is now
under treatment at the Medical College Hospital here.
Seeking leave for the motion, Mullakara Ratnakaran (CPI)
said police had not taken seriously the statement of
Krishnakumar`s wife, also a teacher in the same school, that
he was not on good terms with the school management.
As Opposition continued to protest by squatting in the well
of the House, Speaker G Karthikeyan adjourned it for the day.
Before announcing the adjournment, Karthikeyan said it was
very unfortunate that Opposition members continued to protest
by squatting in the well of the House, disrupting proceedings.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India