Teacher attack: Noisy scenes prevail in Kerala Assembly
Thiruvananthapuram: Opposition LDF led by
CPI-M on Friday disrupted proceedings in the Kerala Assembly
leading to adjournment of the House for the day over the
attack on a school teacher in Kollam district.
The Opposition demanded a CBI probe into the incident
alleging that investigation by state police would not be
impartial as there was possibility of intervention from UDF
leader Pillai, and his son and State Forest Minister K B
Opposition leader V S Achuthanandan also questioned the
use of mobile phone (to speak to the media) by Pillai, a
former minister, serving one year imprisonment after being
convicted in a corruption case.
Chief Minister Oommen Chandy rejected the LDF charge and
said it was wrong on the part of Opposition to identify
culprits in a case when investigation was progressing.
Replying to a notice for an adjournment motion on the
issue, Chandy said a special police team had been constituted
to probe the case and Southern Range IG Padmakumar has been
entrusted to monitor the progress of investigation.
"Persons behind the attack will be booked," Chandy added.
Krishnakumar (47), teacher in the private RVVHS School,was
found in a serious condition on the roadside at Valakam in
Kollam district in the wee hours of September 27. He is now
under treatment at the Medical College Hospital here.
Seeking leave for the motion, Mullakara Ratnakaran (CPI)
said police had not taken seriously the statement of
Krishnakumar`s wife, also a teacher in the same school, that
he was not on good terms with the school management.
As Opposition continued to protest by squatting in the well
of the House, Speaker G Karthikeyan adjourned it for the day.
Before announcing the adjournment, Karthikeyan said it was
very unfortunate that Opposition members continued to protest
by squatting in the well of the House, disrupting proceedings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery