Teacher turns `barber` to punish students
Palakkad (Kerala): In a bizarre incident, a teacher
allegedly cut the hair of over 90 boy students to maintain the
school code at Kendriya Vidyalaya at nearby Kanjikode.
Though the incident has come under severe criticism from
parents and locals, he may escape disciplinary action with
parents and students not insisting on it after he apologised.
The punishment was meted out to students who did not crop
their hair properly despite repeated warnings. The incident on
Monday just after the morning assembly session came to light
yesterday after locals took it up with school authorities.
It is alleged that the teacher, Pradeep Raveendran, went on
a cutting spree on boys that lasted over three periods without
the knowledge of either the principal or his colleagues.
He chose students who had not cut their hair, lined them up
behind the assembly hall before setting out on his
`disciplinary mission` with a pair of scissors brought from
his home, sources said.
Obviously not adept at the profession, he ended his work
leaving them a sorry look with their hair cut haphazardly.
Angry parents lodged a complaint against the teacher with
school authorities,after which local people also intervened in
the issue. The principal later convened a meeting of parents
during which the teacher tendered an unconditional apology.
School authorities have informed the Kendriya Vidyalaya
Sanghathan Chennai centre of the incident and sought an
explanation from the teacher concerned.
However, School principal S Nalayini told PTI that most of
the `affected` students and their parents had given in writing
that they were not insisting on action against the teacher and
asked the authorities not to relax any school code in the
light of the `sorry` incident.
- President's Rule to continue in Uttarakhand, next hearing in SC on May 3
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part II
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part III
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part IV
- PHOTO: 'World boss' Chris Gayle with 'Macho boy' Sarfaraz Khan in cool pic
- FDI up 37% after launch of 'Make in India'
- Priyanka Chopra to attend White House Correspondents' dinner
- SHOCKING! 10 year-old-boy beaten up for tearing Trinamool Congress posters
- Pakistan jumps into Kohinoor controversy, says diamond was gifted to England