Teacher turns `barber` to punish students
Palakkad (Kerala): In a bizarre incident, a teacher
allegedly cut the hair of over 90 boy students to maintain the
school code at Kendriya Vidyalaya at nearby Kanjikode.
Though the incident has come under severe criticism from
parents and locals, he may escape disciplinary action with
parents and students not insisting on it after he apologised.
The punishment was meted out to students who did not crop
their hair properly despite repeated warnings. The incident on
Monday just after the morning assembly session came to light
yesterday after locals took it up with school authorities.
It is alleged that the teacher, Pradeep Raveendran, went on
a cutting spree on boys that lasted over three periods without
the knowledge of either the principal or his colleagues.
He chose students who had not cut their hair, lined them up
behind the assembly hall before setting out on his
`disciplinary mission` with a pair of scissors brought from
his home, sources said.
Obviously not adept at the profession, he ended his work
leaving them a sorry look with their hair cut haphazardly.
Angry parents lodged a complaint against the teacher with
school authorities,after which local people also intervened in
the issue. The principal later convened a meeting of parents
during which the teacher tendered an unconditional apology.
School authorities have informed the Kendriya Vidyalaya
Sanghathan Chennai centre of the incident and sought an
explanation from the teacher concerned.
However, School principal S Nalayini told PTI that most of
the `affected` students and their parents had given in writing
that they were not insisting on action against the teacher and
asked the authorities not to relax any school code in the
light of the `sorry` incident.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured