Techie held for sending email bomb threats
Coimbatore: A 40-year-old software engineer was on Sunday arrested here on charges of sending email bomb threats to various colleges and hospitals in the city, police said.
Some colleges and the government hospital here had received email threats about planting of explosives in the last one week and the Cyber Crime Cell traced the mail to one Senthil, a software engineer in the city, police said.
Police said Senthil had created an email ID with the number and make of a woman`s two-wheeler and sent threats to the colleges as he wanted to take revenge on her for spurning his advances. Besides, the woman, who is married with children, had also informed his office which had warned him of severe action if he continued his activities, police said.
The man had been arrested two years ago for a similar act, when he had sent an email to a city women`s college, sources said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- PM Narendra Modi's gift on Maha Shivaratari: A 112-foot face of Lord Shiva - Read details