Techie held for sending email bomb threats
Coimbatore: A 40-year-old software engineer was on Sunday arrested here on charges of sending email bomb threats to various colleges and hospitals in the city, police said.
Some colleges and the government hospital here had received email threats about planting of explosives in the last one week and the Cyber Crime Cell traced the mail to one Senthil, a software engineer in the city, police said.
Police said Senthil had created an email ID with the number and make of a woman`s two-wheeler and sent threats to the colleges as he wanted to take revenge on her for spurning his advances. Besides, the woman, who is married with children, had also informed his office which had warned him of severe action if he continued his activities, police said.
The man had been arrested two years ago for a similar act, when he had sent an email to a city women`s college, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam