Techie held for sending email bomb threats
Coimbatore: A 40-year-old software engineer was on Sunday arrested here on charges of sending email bomb threats to various colleges and hospitals in the city, police said.
Some colleges and the government hospital here had received email threats about planting of explosives in the last one week and the Cyber Crime Cell traced the mail to one Senthil, a software engineer in the city, police said.
Police said Senthil had created an email ID with the number and make of a woman`s two-wheeler and sent threats to the colleges as he wanted to take revenge on her for spurning his advances. Besides, the woman, who is married with children, had also informed his office which had warned him of severe action if he continued his activities, police said.
The man had been arrested two years ago for a similar act, when he had sent an email to a city women`s college, sources said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender