Techie held for sending email bomb threats
Coimbatore: A 40-year-old software engineer was on Sunday arrested here on charges of sending email bomb threats to various colleges and hospitals in the city, police said.
Some colleges and the government hospital here had received email threats about planting of explosives in the last one week and the Cyber Crime Cell traced the mail to one Senthil, a software engineer in the city, police said.
Police said Senthil had created an email ID with the number and make of a woman`s two-wheeler and sent threats to the colleges as he wanted to take revenge on her for spurning his advances. Besides, the woman, who is married with children, had also informed his office which had warned him of severe action if he continued his activities, police said.
The man had been arrested two years ago for a similar act, when he had sent an email to a city women`s college, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- PM Modi's 10th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat': As it happened
- Anna Hazare extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday