Teen rape: 8 arrested including father, mother and step father in Kerala
Kochi: Eight persons, including the father, mother and step father, were arrested in connection with the alleged rape of a 17-year-old girl at nearby Paravoor and search is on for two more accused.
The eight accused had been taken into custody on Saturday and questioned following which the arrest was recorded this morning, Paravoor Circle Inspector, Abdul Salam said.
They will be produced in a court on Monday.
The parents of the girl have separated, and the mother has re-married again.
All the accused have reportedly admitted to the crime.
Police are also on the lookout for two more persons connected with the film industry who allegedly raped the girl at a film location at nearby Thevara after promising her roles in films.
Police had earlier registered cases against the accused at the Paravoor police station.
Some autorickshaw drivers had seen the girl at night and brought her to the police station. When questioned by women cops, the girl narrated her plight, the sources said.
Paravoor had hit the headlines last year when a 14-year-old girl informed police that she had been raped by over 160 men, including her father, over a period of time.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details