Teenager killed, three seriously injured in Kerela
Coimbatore: A 13-year old girl student was killed and 15 others injured, three of them seriously, when the mini-tempo in which they were travelling turned turtle at Padiyur in nearby Tirupur district on Sunday, police said.
They said 15 persons, including 10 students were on their way to a Government High School in Padiyur on the outskirts of Tirupur, as part of birthday celebrations of former Chief Minister Kamaraj when the mishap occurred.
Locals rescued all those trapped under the vehicle.
However, the 13-year old girl was declared dead on arrival at the hospital, they said, adding all the injured have been hospitalised.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?