Teenager killed, three seriously injured in Kerela
Coimbatore: A 13-year old girl student was killed and 15 others injured, three of them seriously, when the mini-tempo in which they were travelling turned turtle at Padiyur in nearby Tirupur district on Sunday, police said.
They said 15 persons, including 10 students were on their way to a Government High School in Padiyur on the outskirts of Tirupur, as part of birthday celebrations of former Chief Minister Kamaraj when the mishap occurred.
Locals rescued all those trapped under the vehicle.
However, the 13-year old girl was declared dead on arrival at the hospital, they said, adding all the injured have been hospitalised.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing