Temple office denies reports attributed to amicus curiae
Thiruvananthapuram: Administration of the famed Sree Padmanabhaswamy temple here has refuted reports carried by a section of media on lapses in the management of the shrine, attributing them to the report submitted by Amicus Curiae as part of a case pending before the Supreme Court.
The temple, once owned by Travancore royal house, is reputed worldwide for the fabulous treasures stashed in its underground vaults, which is being evaluated by an experts` panel set up by the Apex Court.
Terming reports about the malfunctioning of the temple administration as "false", its executive officer Bhuvanendran Nair today said this was part of a vilification campaign against the temple management.
"Certain media are quoting Amicus Curieae`s report. But all these are false information as they are not corresponding to the original report submitted to the Supreme Court," Nair said in a release.
He said the temple administration suspected it to be part of an ill-motivated campaign with the intention of creating a negative impression about the temple administration.
Meanwhile, Kerala unit of Shiv Sena, which controls a major temple employees` union, threatened to take legal action against those throwing up allegations of its association with the shrine.
In a statement, Sena`s state unit chief Bhuvanachandran dubbed as "totally baseless and ill-motivated" the propaganda spread by some vested interests that the union controlled by his outfit had been indulging in malpractices by colluding with the administration of the shrine.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire