Tenny Joppen and Shalu Menon granted bail
Kochi: Kerala High Court today granted bail to Tenny Joppen, former Private Secretary of Chief Minister Oommen Chandy and television actress Shalu Menon, both accused in the solar panel scam.
The order in this regard was issued by Justice S S Sateeshchandran on the bail pleas of the two accused.
While Tenny Joppen has to execute a bond for Rs 50,000 and two solvent sureties for the like amount, and has been directed by court to appear before investigating officers as and when required, Shalu Menon has been asked to execute a bond for Rs one lakh and two solvent sureties for the like amount and to appear before the investigating officer every Monday for 8 weeks.
Both the accused have been asked not to leave the state for six months.
Joppen is in custody for over 52 days and Shalu for over 46 days.
Shalu Menon was arrested in July on a complaint by Rafique Ali, who claimed that she had accompanied scam accused Biju Radhakrishnan when he collected over Rs 70 lakh from him and Joppen was arrested after it was found that accused Saritha S Nair had held telephonic conversations with him on many occasions.
The scam pertains to financial cheating of several people by Biju Radkahrishnan and Saritha Nair, both under arrest, by offering clients solar energy solutions. The accused allegedly used their clout in the CM`s office for duping their clients of huge sums.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees