Tension continues as CPI-M activist attacked in Kannur
Kannur: A CPI-M activist was stabbed on Monday
while some houses were attacked by unidentified persons
as tension continued to prevail in parts of the politically
sensitive Kannur district today in the wake of the murder of
two BJP activists in new Mahe.
Manoharan, also an employee of the CPI (M) controlled A
K G Memorial Cooperative Hospital here, was injured when
he was attacked, allegedly by IUML workers, at Koran Peedika
early today, police said.
CPI (M) leaders here accused activists of IUML and Popular
Front of India, a Muslim outfit, of unleashing attacks on its
partymen following the murder of two BJP activists at New Mahe
locality on Friday last.
The CPI-M worker, with injuries on his hands and legs, was
shifted to a hospital in Mangalore.
Unidentified persons attacked houses of rival partymen and
vandalised select shops and a rice mill, at Koran Peedika,
Onaparmba and Pariyaram despite strong presence of
police deployed in the trouble-torn localities.
Meanwhile, BJP and RSS district leaders boycotted an all
party peace meeting held at Thalassery today even as the
Congress-led United Democratic Front leaders staged a walkout
accusing authorities of adopting ``casual approach`` on the
situation. They sought intervention of Home Minister Kodiyeri
Balakrishnan, who represents the Thalassery assembly
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi