Tension in Panur as police seize crude bombs
Kannur: Police today recovered two crude
bombs near Panur in the district and additional forces have
been deployed following clashes involving RSS and the Popular
Front of India workers in the locality, police said.
The explosives were recovered by a raiding police
party from a street at Thangal Peedika where the rival groups
clashed late last night, police sources here said.
The clashes followed a dispute over pasting of poster on
electric posts in the locality. Police had made a lathicharge
to disperse the crowd.
Additional police forces have been deployed in the
in the politically sensitive belt of the district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?