Tharoor ready to seek re-election if Congress decides
Thiruvananthapuram: Minister of State for HRD Shashi Tharoor has said he is willing to seek re-election from Thiruvananthapuran Lok Sabha seat if the Congress party gives him a second chance in the 2014 polls.
"I wish to contest elections for the second time on the strength of the work I have done for the constituency. But it is for the party to take a decision on that. No discussions in that direction have begun," he said during an interaction with journalists here on Sunday.
"I am not after the power and pelf of being a parliamentarian or a minister. But I wish to serve people of the constituency, completing projects that are already underway and do more for them," Tharoor said.
A former Under Secretary General of United Nations, 57-year-old Tharoor won the prestigious seat in 2009 elections defeating his nearest CPI rival by about one lakh votes in his debut electoral combat.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says