Tharoor ready to seek re-election if Congress decides
Thiruvananthapuram: Minister of State for HRD Shashi Tharoor has said he is willing to seek re-election from Thiruvananthapuran Lok Sabha seat if the Congress party gives him a second chance in the 2014 polls.
"I wish to contest elections for the second time on the strength of the work I have done for the constituency. But it is for the party to take a decision on that. No discussions in that direction have begun," he said during an interaction with journalists here on Sunday.
"I am not after the power and pelf of being a parliamentarian or a minister. But I wish to serve people of the constituency, completing projects that are already underway and do more for them," Tharoor said.
A former Under Secretary General of United Nations, 57-year-old Tharoor won the prestigious seat in 2009 elections defeating his nearest CPI rival by about one lakh votes in his debut electoral combat.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand