Tharoor ready to seek re-election if Congress decides
Thiruvananthapuram: Minister of State for HRD Shashi Tharoor has said he is willing to seek re-election from Thiruvananthapuran Lok Sabha seat if the Congress party gives him a second chance in the 2014 polls.
"I wish to contest elections for the second time on the strength of the work I have done for the constituency. But it is for the party to take a decision on that. No discussions in that direction have begun," he said during an interaction with journalists here on Sunday.
"I am not after the power and pelf of being a parliamentarian or a minister. But I wish to serve people of the constituency, completing projects that are already underway and do more for them," Tharoor said.
A former Under Secretary General of United Nations, 57-year-old Tharoor won the prestigious seat in 2009 elections defeating his nearest CPI rival by about one lakh votes in his debut electoral combat.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Soon, Skype will not run on these Windows, Android phones
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`; likely sole shooter
- 'EgyptAir Flight 804 broke up in midair after a fire'
- Warrants issued in Turkey for arrest of 300 Presidential Guards
- Democrat Hilary Clinton picks Kaine as vice presidential running mate