Theatre artiste G Omana dead
Kottayam: Yesteryear Malayalam theatre artiste G Omana has died due to age related health problems, family sources said here today.
Born on May 18, 1932, Omana, cousin of legendary playwright, actor and theatre director N N Pillai, was a key player of Viswa Kerala Kala Samithy, the drama troupe founded by Pillai.
She played versatile roles in 32 plays and acted in two films.
Omana had won the state award for best theatre actress in 1977 and lifetime achievement award in 2001 conferred by the Kerala Sangeetha Nataka Academy.
Since Pillai`s death, she had been staying with her nephew and film actor Vijayaraghavan at his residence in Olassa near here where she passed away yesterday.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'