Theatre artiste G Omana dead
Kottayam: Yesteryear Malayalam theatre artiste G Omana has died due to age related health problems, family sources said here today.
Born on May 18, 1932, Omana, cousin of legendary playwright, actor and theatre director N N Pillai, was a key player of Viswa Kerala Kala Samithy, the drama troupe founded by Pillai.
She played versatile roles in 32 plays and acted in two films.
Omana had won the state award for best theatre actress in 1977 and lifetime achievement award in 2001 conferred by the Kerala Sangeetha Nataka Academy.
Since Pillai`s death, she had been staying with her nephew and film actor Vijayaraghavan at his residence in Olassa near here where she passed away yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"