Theatre artiste G Omana dead
Kottayam: Yesteryear Malayalam theatre artiste G Omana has died due to age related health problems, family sources said here today.
Born on May 18, 1932, Omana, cousin of legendary playwright, actor and theatre director N N Pillai, was a key player of Viswa Kerala Kala Samithy, the drama troupe founded by Pillai.
She played versatile roles in 32 plays and acted in two films.
Omana had won the state award for best theatre actress in 1977 and lifetime achievement award in 2001 conferred by the Kerala Sangeetha Nataka Academy.
Since Pillai`s death, she had been staying with her nephew and film actor Vijayaraghavan at his residence in Olassa near here where she passed away yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing