Theatre artiste G Omana dead
Kottayam: Yesteryear Malayalam theatre artiste G Omana has died due to age related health problems, family sources said here today.
Born on May 18, 1932, Omana, cousin of legendary playwright, actor and theatre director N N Pillai, was a key player of Viswa Kerala Kala Samithy, the drama troupe founded by Pillai.
She played versatile roles in 32 plays and acted in two films.
Omana had won the state award for best theatre actress in 1977 and lifetime achievement award in 2001 conferred by the Kerala Sangeetha Nataka Academy.
Since Pillai`s death, she had been staying with her nephew and film actor Vijayaraghavan at his residence in Olassa near here where she passed away yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!