Theatre artiste G Omana dead
Kottayam: Yesteryear Malayalam theatre artiste G Omana has died due to age related health problems, family sources said here today.
Born on May 18, 1932, Omana, cousin of legendary playwright, actor and theatre director N N Pillai, was a key player of Viswa Kerala Kala Samithy, the drama troupe founded by Pillai.
She played versatile roles in 32 plays and acted in two films.
Omana had won the state award for best theatre actress in 1977 and lifetime achievement award in 2001 conferred by the Kerala Sangeetha Nataka Academy.
Since Pillai`s death, she had been staying with her nephew and film actor Vijayaraghavan at his residence in Olassa near here where she passed away yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Monsoon's after-effects troubling everyday lives in cities
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Mumbai local crashes into platform at Churchgate Station
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- #SelfieWithDaughter trends worldwide on Twitter after PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat'
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him