Thejus Editor questioned by SIT
Aluva: Editor of Thejus daily,
mouthpiece of the radical Popular Front of India, Prof P Koya
was today questioned by police in connection with the recent
brutal attack on a college lecturer allegedly by activists of
Koya, summoned by the Special Investigation Team
(SIT), probing the July 4 attack on the lecturer T J Joseph,
appeared before Muvattupuzha Circle Inspector P P Shams
accompanied by his advocate and a few colleagues, police
The SIT had found that the reporters of the daily had
"helped" the accused to escape by providing temporary shelter,
The SIT had earlier summoned PFI General Secretary P
Abdul Hameed and Imam’s Council President Ashraf Moulavi and
questioned them in connection with the attack on Joseph, whose
right hand was chopped off for preparing a question paper with
alleged derogatory references to Prohpet Mohammed.
PFI state President Nazarudeen Elamaram is likely to
appear before the investigating officers tomorrow.
Police have also begun questioning Niyaz, a PFI
activist arrested in Ottapalam yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!