Thekkady boat mishap: One more accused granted bail
Kochi: Kerala High Court on Wednesday granted bail
to M Mathew, Chief Inspector of boats, another accused in the
case relating to the Thekkady boat mishap in which 45 persons
perished on September 30.
Justice M Sasidharan Nambiar granted bail to Mathew, who
is the third accused on a bail bond of Rs 50,000, considering
the bail order granted to five other accused yesterday.
Justice KT Sankaran had refused to hear Mathew`s bail
The High Court had yesterday criticised the state
government and the Kerala State Tourism Development
Corporation (KTDC) for not ensuring the safety of the
The boat, `Jalakanayaka`, belonged to the KTDC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly