Thekkady boat tragedy: Five accused move court for bail
Kochi: The five persons, including driver of
the ill-fated boat, arrested in connection with the tragedy in
Kerala`s Thekkady lake last month in which 45 people were
killed, on Monday moved the High Court for bail.
The petitioners, in their bail applications, submitted
that they had not committed any offence as alleged by police.
Justice K T shankar, before whom the bail applications
came up for hearing, posted the orders for tomorrow after
hearing the five -- boat driver Victor Samuel, sub crew Lasker
Anish, gatekeeper P Prakash, Director of Vignesh Marine
services, Chennai, N A Giri and chief surveyor of Indian
Registrar of ships K K Sajeev.
The tourist boat owned by Kerala Tourism Development
Corporation (KTDC) capsized on September 30 while ferrying
over 70 tourists in the Thekkady lake.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur