‘There is no differences of opinion in UDF’
Kasargod : Kerala Home Minister Thiruvanchoor Radhakrishnan on Friday said there was no differences of opinion among the partners of the Congress-led United Democratic Front (UDF).
Talking to reporters here, he said there was no differences of opinion in the UDF and the reprots agaisnt it were wrong.
To a query on IUML leader and Public Works minister V K Ibrahim Kunju`s recent controversial remark that IUML was governing the state, Radhakrishnan said they `(IUML) is an important partner in the UDF.
They have been showing respect to the front all these years`, he said.
Radhakrishnan said some people are spreading false campaign that there was differences of opinion between IUML and Congress. These type of false campaign will not affect the unity of the front`, Radhakrishnan said.
To a query on the reported intervention of State Information Commissioner in the land allotment case against CPI-M veteran V S Achuthanandan, he said a probe has started. Action will be initiated if it is proved, Radhakrishnan said.
An audio tape of the State Information Commissioner and former DIG K Natarajan`s purported telephonic talk with Vigilance DySP V G Kunhan, one of the investigating officers in the case, asking him to spare Achuthanandan in the case, was aired by a leading Malayalam TV channel recently.
The Vigilance Director had also ordered an inquiry into the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan had achieved nuclear capability in 1984: Abdul Qadeer Khan
- Pakistan able to target Delhi from Kahuta near Rawalpindi in five minutes: Dr Abdul Qadeer Khan
- US zoo kills gorilla after 3-year-old boy falls into enclosure
- EC cancels polls for two remaining Tamil Nadu Assembly seats - Know why
- Cloudbursts, rainfall in Tehri district of Uttarakhand; Gangotri-Kedarnath road closed, pilgrims stranded