Third judge recuses to hear revision plea against Vijayan
Kochi: Another judge of the Kerala High Court on Thursday recused himself from hearing the revision petition against the discharge of CPI(M) state secretary, Pinarayi Vijayan in the SNC-Lavalin graft case.
When the petition by T P Nanda Kumar, Chief Editor `Crime magazine` came up before Justice Thomas P Jospeh, he recused himself.
The petitioner had challenged the order of discharge by CBI special court, Thiruvananthapuram, against Vijayan and six others.
The CBI Special court had on November 5 discharged Vijayan, former power minster and six others from the alleged Rs 375 crore SNC Lavalin graft case.
It stated that the CBI had failed to establish the fraudulent intention, abuse of official position, criminal conspiracy and element of cheating in connection with the award of contract to Canadian company SNC Lavalin for renovating three hydel projects in the state.
Earlier, Justices K Harilal and Harun Al Rashid had recused themselves from hearing the applications against Vijayan.
On earlier occasions, the case came up before the same bench and it was adjourned awaiting revision by CBI.
However, CBI has not filed any revision petition challenging the order of discharge in favour of Vijayan and others.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’