Third judge recuses to hear revision plea against Vijayan
Kochi: Another judge of the Kerala High Court on Thursday recused himself from hearing the revision petition against the discharge of CPI(M) state secretary, Pinarayi Vijayan in the SNC-Lavalin graft case.
When the petition by T P Nanda Kumar, Chief Editor `Crime magazine` came up before Justice Thomas P Jospeh, he recused himself.
The petitioner had challenged the order of discharge by CBI special court, Thiruvananthapuram, against Vijayan and six others.
The CBI Special court had on November 5 discharged Vijayan, former power minster and six others from the alleged Rs 375 crore SNC Lavalin graft case.
It stated that the CBI had failed to establish the fraudulent intention, abuse of official position, criminal conspiracy and element of cheating in connection with the award of contract to Canadian company SNC Lavalin for renovating three hydel projects in the state.
Earlier, Justices K Harilal and Harun Al Rashid had recused themselves from hearing the applications against Vijayan.
On earlier occasions, the case came up before the same bench and it was adjourned awaiting revision by CBI.
However, CBI has not filed any revision petition challenging the order of discharge in favour of Vijayan and others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack