Thiruvaduthurai mutt head is dead
Nagapattinam: Sivaprakasa Desiga Paramacharya Swami, head of an ancient Saivaite Mutt at Thiruvavaduthurai in the district, died Thursday, mutt sources said.
Sivaprakasa (72) was the 23rd head of the Thiruvavaduthurai Adheenam (mutt).
Last night, he complained of difficulty in breathing and was rushed to an hospital in Kumabkonam but died en route at 2 AM, mutt sources said.
He had underwent surgery following a heart attack early this year. About 15 days ago, he was admitted to a hospital at Mayiladuthurai due to complaints of breathing trouble before being shifted to Kumbakonam. He was discharged early this week.
Sivaprakasa became the 23rd head of the 15th century saivaite mutt, one of the biggest in Tamil Nadu, during 1980.
Meanwhile, Meenakshisundara Desiga Paramachaya Swami, who was serving as the Kattalai Thambiran (chief disciple) of Thiruvidaimaruthur Adheenam, a branch of the Thiruvavaduthurai Adheenam took over as the 24th head of the mutt this morning.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened