Thiruvaduthurai mutt head is dead
Nagapattinam: Sivaprakasa Desiga Paramacharya Swami, head of an ancient Saivaite Mutt at Thiruvavaduthurai in the district, died Thursday, mutt sources said.
Sivaprakasa (72) was the 23rd head of the Thiruvavaduthurai Adheenam (mutt).
Last night, he complained of difficulty in breathing and was rushed to an hospital in Kumabkonam but died en route at 2 AM, mutt sources said.
He had underwent surgery following a heart attack early this year. About 15 days ago, he was admitted to a hospital at Mayiladuthurai due to complaints of breathing trouble before being shifted to Kumbakonam. He was discharged early this week.
Sivaprakasa became the 23rd head of the 15th century saivaite mutt, one of the biggest in Tamil Nadu, during 1980.
Meanwhile, Meenakshisundara Desiga Paramachaya Swami, who was serving as the Kattalai Thambiran (chief disciple) of Thiruvidaimaruthur Adheenam, a branch of the Thiruvavaduthurai Adheenam took over as the 24th head of the mutt this morning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued