Thiruvaduthurai mutt head is dead
Nagapattinam: Sivaprakasa Desiga Paramacharya Swami, head of an ancient Saivaite Mutt at Thiruvavaduthurai in the district, died Thursday, mutt sources said.
Sivaprakasa (72) was the 23rd head of the Thiruvavaduthurai Adheenam (mutt).
Last night, he complained of difficulty in breathing and was rushed to an hospital in Kumabkonam but died en route at 2 AM, mutt sources said.
He had underwent surgery following a heart attack early this year. About 15 days ago, he was admitted to a hospital at Mayiladuthurai due to complaints of breathing trouble before being shifted to Kumbakonam. He was discharged early this week.
Sivaprakasa became the 23rd head of the 15th century saivaite mutt, one of the biggest in Tamil Nadu, during 1980.
Meanwhile, Meenakshisundara Desiga Paramachaya Swami, who was serving as the Kattalai Thambiran (chief disciple) of Thiruvidaimaruthur Adheenam, a branch of the Thiruvavaduthurai Adheenam took over as the 24th head of the mutt this morning.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!