Thiruvaduthurai mutt head is dead
Nagapattinam: Sivaprakasa Desiga Paramacharya Swami, head of an ancient Saivaite Mutt at Thiruvavaduthurai in the district, died Thursday, mutt sources said.
Sivaprakasa (72) was the 23rd head of the Thiruvavaduthurai Adheenam (mutt).
Last night, he complained of difficulty in breathing and was rushed to an hospital in Kumabkonam but died en route at 2 AM, mutt sources said.
He had underwent surgery following a heart attack early this year. About 15 days ago, he was admitted to a hospital at Mayiladuthurai due to complaints of breathing trouble before being shifted to Kumbakonam. He was discharged early this week.
Sivaprakasa became the 23rd head of the 15th century saivaite mutt, one of the biggest in Tamil Nadu, during 1980.
Meanwhile, Meenakshisundara Desiga Paramachaya Swami, who was serving as the Kattalai Thambiran (chief disciple) of Thiruvidaimaruthur Adheenam, a branch of the Thiruvavaduthurai Adheenam took over as the 24th head of the mutt this morning.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa