Threatening officials is not CPI-M policy: VS
Kozhikode: Amid a case being registered against a CPI (M) leader for allegedly intimidating an officer investigating RMP leader TP Chandrasekharan`s murder, veteran Marxist VS Achuthanandan on Friday said threatening officials probing the case was not a policy of the party.
"It is not the policy of the party to threaten officials investigating the murder of Revolutionary Marxist Party leader Chandrasekharan," Achuthanandan, opposition leader in the state assembly, told reporters here.
CPI(M) would only support the initiative of the UDF government to bring to book those behind the murder, he said.
The CPI(M) leadership in the state has been critical of the Special Investigation Team constituted to probe the murder.
Police had yesterday slapped a criminal case on CPI(M) State secretariat member Elamaram Kareem on the charge of intimidating a police officer investigating the murder case.
Kareem during a speech at a rally organised in front of the Vatakara police station last saturday had allegedly threatened crime branch Deputy Superintendent of Police KV Santhoshkumar.
On the plea filed by CPI(M) Kozhikode district secretary TP Ramakrishnan in High Court seeking to initiate contempt of court proceedings against media, Achuthanandan said `filing cases against the media is not a correct step...`
To a query on the reported disappearance of controversial Idukki District CPI(M) secretary, M M Mani, after a case of murder was regsitered against him for stating that the party had eliminated its enemies durng the 1980s as per a list, he said "....You will have to enquire and bring to light."
"Earlier, we had also gone underground as per CPI(M)`s decision to defy warrants of Congress and British rulers to support gitations of the people, workers and farmers.Some of you correspondents will be remembering that", he said.
"But, the present reason (Mani`s absence), you will have to enquire and bring to light," he said.
Asked about the June 2 assembly bypoll to the Neyattinkara seat, he claimed the LDF candidate F Lawrence will win by a huge margin.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?