Threatening officials is not CPI-M policy: VS
Kozhikode: Amid a case being registered against a CPI (M) leader for allegedly intimidating an officer investigating RMP leader TP Chandrasekharan`s murder, veteran Marxist VS Achuthanandan on Friday said threatening officials probing the case was not a policy of the party.
"It is not the policy of the party to threaten officials investigating the murder of Revolutionary Marxist Party leader Chandrasekharan," Achuthanandan, opposition leader in the state assembly, told reporters here.
CPI(M) would only support the initiative of the UDF government to bring to book those behind the murder, he said.
The CPI(M) leadership in the state has been critical of the Special Investigation Team constituted to probe the murder.
Police had yesterday slapped a criminal case on CPI(M) State secretariat member Elamaram Kareem on the charge of intimidating a police officer investigating the murder case.
Kareem during a speech at a rally organised in front of the Vatakara police station last saturday had allegedly threatened crime branch Deputy Superintendent of Police KV Santhoshkumar.
On the plea filed by CPI(M) Kozhikode district secretary TP Ramakrishnan in High Court seeking to initiate contempt of court proceedings against media, Achuthanandan said `filing cases against the media is not a correct step...`
To a query on the reported disappearance of controversial Idukki District CPI(M) secretary, M M Mani, after a case of murder was regsitered against him for stating that the party had eliminated its enemies durng the 1980s as per a list, he said "....You will have to enquire and bring to light."
"Earlier, we had also gone underground as per CPI(M)`s decision to defy warrants of Congress and British rulers to support gitations of the people, workers and farmers.Some of you correspondents will be remembering that", he said.
"But, the present reason (Mani`s absence), you will have to enquire and bring to light," he said.
Asked about the June 2 assembly bypoll to the Neyattinkara seat, he claimed the LDF candidate F Lawrence will win by a huge margin.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Picture blast! 'Housefull3' gang gate-crashed Asin's house at midnight
- Kseeb.kar.nic.in & Karresults.nic.in KSEEB 2nd II PUC Results 2016: Karnataka Board 12th XII Class, Second II PUC Exam Results 2016 to be announced today on May 25, 2016 at 4 PM
- Online petition seeking Raghuram Rajan's 2nd term goes viral; 42,000 votes and counting
- Mahabharata’s Bhima is related to Lord Hanuman – Here’s how
- Do you remember Anupam Kher's first movie? Hint: It clocks 32 years today!