Three dead after inhaling poisonous gas in Kerala

Two labourers of a sewerage cleaning contract company and an auto driver died of asphyxiation after inhaling poisonous gas here Thursday, Kerala police said.

Kozhikode: Two labourers of a sewerage cleaning contract company and an auto driver died of asphyxiation after inhaling poisonous gas here today, police said.

The labourers, Baskar and Narasimhan from Andhra Pradesh, went inside the sewage pit for cleaning and fainted Sunil, Circle of Inspector of Kasaba said.

Auto driver Naushad who tried to lift them after noticing the incident also fell inside, he said.

Fire and Rescue Service personnel rescued the trio and shifted them to the Kozhikode Medical College Hospital.

But they died on way to the hospital, he said.

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. You can find out more by clicking this link

Close