Three Naval warships to participate in Navy fest
Kochi: Three Naval warships will participate in `Navy Fest`, the annual fair associated with Navy Day celebrations, to be inaugurated by Vice Admiral Satish Soni, Flag Officer Commanding in Chief Southern Naval Command here Thursday.
The fest would provide visitors an opportunity to view warships--INS Sahyadri, India?s latest stealth frigate, INS Sharda, INS Sujata and INS Nireekshak at close quarters along with a naval aircraft. The ships would be open to visitors only till 4.30 PM, a naval press release said.
The three day fair would conclude on December 16.
In addition to naval exhibits, commercial stalls, amusement rides and food stalls, there would be an exhibition of Military Photographs under the auspices of Ernakulam Press Club. Entertainment programmes have also been scheduled.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth