Three of a family killed as building collapses in Kochi
Kochi: A couple and their teenaged daughter were killed when their three-storey house collapsed in heavy rains at nearby Aluva, police said Thursday.
The incident took place as the ground floor of the house
sank after the basement caved in last night. A workshop and flour mill was also operating in the building.
The deceased were identified as Shahjhan (48), his wife
Saifunnesa (34) and daughter Ayesha (13).
The bodies were recovered last night. The couple`s son and some migrant workers managed to escape just as it collapsed, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Can a car headrest be a rescue tool in emergency?
- Peace is a two-way street, remove self-imposed obstacle of terrorism: PM Modi tells Pakistan
- New Zealand plan first day-night Test against England in 2018
- PCB to send Mohammad Hafeez to England for knee-injury treatment
- China says extremely dissatisfied with G7 statement on South China Sea