Three of a family killed as building collapses in Kochi
Kochi: A couple and their teenaged daughter were killed when their three-storey house collapsed in heavy rains at nearby Aluva, police said Thursday.
The incident took place as the ground floor of the house
sank after the basement caved in last night. A workshop and flour mill was also operating in the building.
The deceased were identified as Shahjhan (48), his wife
Saifunnesa (34) and daughter Ayesha (13).
The bodies were recovered last night. The couple`s son and some migrant workers managed to escape just as it collapsed, police said.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- 20 killed in Syria regime strike on Aleppo
- Donald Trump vows `America first` foreign policy
- Salah Abdeslam slapped with terror charges over Paris attacks
- India deeply appreciates US' engagement in Asia-Pacific: Ashton Carter
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi had admitted to meeting middleman Haschke