Three of a family killed as building collapses in Kochi
Kochi: A couple and their teenaged daughter were killed when their three-storey house collapsed in heavy rains at nearby Aluva, police said Thursday.
The incident took place as the ground floor of the house
sank after the basement caved in last night. A workshop and flour mill was also operating in the building.
The deceased were identified as Shahjhan (48), his wife
Saifunnesa (34) and daughter Ayesha (13).
The bodies were recovered last night. The couple`s son and some migrant workers managed to escape just as it collapsed, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch