Three of a family killed as building collapses in Kochi
Kochi: A couple and their teenaged daughter were killed when their three-storey house collapsed in heavy rains at nearby Aluva, police said Thursday.
The incident took place as the ground floor of the house
sank after the basement caved in last night. A workshop and flour mill was also operating in the building.
The deceased were identified as Shahjhan (48), his wife
Saifunnesa (34) and daughter Ayesha (13).
The bodies were recovered last night. The couple`s son and some migrant workers managed to escape just as it collapsed, police said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Pakistan taking unpleasant interest in imposing upon India their vicious motives: Khurshid
- Soon, share all kinds of files on WhatsApp; get better authentication feature
- Plea seeks imposition of Governor's rule in J&K; SC to hear matter next week
- Asthma breakthrough? Scientists find novel way to prevent the disease!
- 'Madaari' movie review: Irrfan Khan displays brilliance in this thought provoking tale