Three striking nurses threaten suicide in Kerala
Kochi: As the country celebrated Independence Day, three nurses on strike Wednesday threatened to commit suicide by jumping off their hospital`s terrace.
The three nurses readied to make the suicidal jump as the strike by a section of the nurses in Kothamangalam Mar Baselious Hospital, numbering around 100, entered its 114th day.
Labour Minister Shibhu Baby John said that the police and hospital management are doing their best to pacify the nurses to see that better sense prevailed and they came down from the terrace.
"Fire officials are there and we expect the situation to be defused soon," he said.
"We have been involved in settling their (nurses) issues and statutory policies are now being followed by the hospital management," John said.
"My officials have held numerous talks to settle the issue and now it appears that the strike is getting prolonged because of rivalry between two nurses` unions," said the minister.
The three nurses, to attract attention, went to the terrace of the hospital building early in the morning.
When media persons tried to reach them, the nurses threatened to jump off the building.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- Rajinikanth thanks fans for 'Kabali' success with THIS sweetest gesture! - Details inside
- Delhi court bails out Kejriwal ex-aide Rajendra Kumar
- ASUS ZenFone 3 Deluxe gets new Snapdragon 821 processor
- China to chart Communist Party future amid crackdowns
- NPA clean-up should have started much earlier: Raghuram Rajan