Three-year-old girl gang-raped in Kerala
Thiruvananthapuram: In yet another shocker, a three-year-old girl was allegedly gang-raped by unidentified men in Mallapuram district of Kerala.
Belonging to a migrant Tamil family of rag pickers, the girl was sleeping with her mother on a pavement near a hospital in Tirur on Monday night when she was kidnapped.
She was found unconscious by the students of a government-run Anaganwadi school on Tuesday morning. As per a report, she was found with ants crawling all over her body.
The girl was admitted to a hospital at Tirur but later shifted her to Kozhikode Medical College Hospital, where she underwent two surgeries.
Doctors treating her said though the girl is out of danger but it will be many weeks before she returns to normalcy.
An FIR has been lodged but the police are yet to make arrests. They took 12 suspects into custody, but let them off after verification.
The Kerala Women`s Commission assured them all help.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- SHOCKING: Man performing stunt on high tension wire at Mumbai's Mira road station – Watch
- Bank of Baroda's total business takes Rs 90,000-crore hit in 2015-16
- Rupee rebounds 6 paise to 67.05 vs USD
- Sri Lanka vs Australia: Thisara Perera penalised, Mitchell Starc reprimanded for ICC code of conduct breaches
- UEFA Champions League 2016-17 draw; Player of the Year award ceremony — As it happened...