Three youths killed in mishap in Palakkad
Palakkad: Three youths were killed when they were hit by the Coimbatore-Managlore passenger train at Kanjikode near here this morning, police said.
The mishap occurred at 9 am, the sources said. The deceased have been identified as James, Satheesh and Pradeep, who were neighbours.
The youths had gone near the railway tracks on hearing a rumour that the body of a person was found on tracks in the early morning.
They could not hear the sound of the train nearing as it was raining heavily, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them