Tibetan delegation calls on Kerala Assembly Speaker
Thiruvananthapuram: A Tibetan delegation comprising members of their Parliament-in-Exile called on Kerala Assembly Speaker G Karthikeyan as part of a campaign to create awareness across the country on the situation in Tibet.
The six-member team of MPs, led by Gyari Bhutuk, visited the Speaker at his official residence on Sunday.
The Speaker told the MPs that Indians always had sympathies with the cause of Tibetans and shared their feelings about homeland. "What they are enjoying today is freedom in exile. We are their sisters and brothers," he said.
Three delegations of Tibetan MPs are now touring the country as part of their campaign. The south Indian delegation reached Kerala after visiting Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka.
They would also meet Chief Minister Oommen Chandy, Karthikeyan said.
The MPs invited the Speaker to visit Dharmasala, the seat of the Dalai Lama and the Parliament-in-Exile. The Tibetan population in India is concentrated in Dharmasala in Himachal Pradesh and Bailakuppa in Karnataka.
The `Parliament of the Central Tibetan Administration,` as the Tibetan Parliament-in-Exile is called, was set up in 1960.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof