Ticket vending machine at Thiruvananthapuram railway station
Thiruvananthapuram: The Southern Railways has introduced the first automatic ticket vending machine in Kerala at the Thiruvananthapuram central railway station.
With this facility, railway passengers would not have to stand in queue at the booking counters for unreserved tickets, a railway press release here said.
Ticket vending machines would also be installed at ten stations in the state including Ernakulam, Kottayam, Thrissur and Aluva railway stations.
The passengers could choose Malayalam, Hindi or English languages for operating the vending machines. They would have to purchase a smart card available in the value of Rs 100 onwards from the railways.
The smart card should be inserted in the machine to buy the ticket by selecting the destination and other details. The cards would be valid for six months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!