Ticket vending machine at Thiruvananthapuram railway station
Thiruvananthapuram: The Southern Railways has introduced the first automatic ticket vending machine in Kerala at the Thiruvananthapuram central railway station.
With this facility, railway passengers would not have to stand in queue at the booking counters for unreserved tickets, a railway press release here said.
Ticket vending machines would also be installed at ten stations in the state including Ernakulam, Kottayam, Thrissur and Aluva railway stations.
The passengers could choose Malayalam, Hindi or English languages for operating the vending machines. They would have to purchase a smart card available in the value of Rs 100 onwards from the railways.
The smart card should be inserted in the machine to buy the ticket by selecting the destination and other details. The cards would be valid for six months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement