Ticket vending machine at Thiruvananthapuram railway station
Thiruvananthapuram: The Southern Railways has introduced the first automatic ticket vending machine in Kerala at the Thiruvananthapuram central railway station.
With this facility, railway passengers would not have to stand in queue at the booking counters for unreserved tickets, a railway press release here said.
Ticket vending machines would also be installed at ten stations in the state including Ernakulam, Kottayam, Thrissur and Aluva railway stations.
The passengers could choose Malayalam, Hindi or English languages for operating the vending machines. They would have to purchase a smart card available in the value of Rs 100 onwards from the railways.
The smart card should be inserted in the machine to buy the ticket by selecting the destination and other details. The cards would be valid for six months.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Know what Ranveer Singh has to say about Akshay Kumar
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations