TM Jacob laid to rest
Kochi: The late Kerala Food and Civil Supplies
minsiter, T M Jacob, who died here on Sunday, was laid to rest
with full state honours at his home town Piravom in Ernakulam
district on Tuesday.
Chief Minister, Oommen Chandy, his cabinet colleagues led
by Finance Minister, K M Mani, attended the solemn ceremony at
the Kakkoor St Mary`s Jacobite church where the body was
brought this morning.
Jacobite church head Catholicos Baselious Thomas I led the
Cutting across political affiliation, leaders and party
workers had paid their last respects to Jacob as his body was
brought to Piravom by midnight yesterday from Kochi.
After the church services, the body was draped in tricolour
and a 21 gun salute accorded before it was laid to rest at the
church cemetery as the Kerala Congress leader`s close family
members, including wife, son and daughter, watched.
Jacob`s 81-year-old mother Annamma, who was inconsolable,
was also present.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- It's time for Muslims to rise and protest against some Hindutva forces: Azam Khan
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi