Toll in Kerala hooch tragedy rises to 26
Malappuram: The death toll in the twin-illicit toddy tragedy in Malappuram district has gone to 26, with one more person, who was under treatment, succummbing
The victim Chandrabose (34), hailing from Malappuram, was undergoing treatment since September 6, at the Kozhikode Medical College hospital.
Few more people, who had consumed the illicit brew are still undergoing treatment at the Medical college hospital, sources said.
The Excise Commissioner S Subbaiah, who had visited Vaniyambalam in Vandoor, couple of days earlier, had said that the preliminary report on the incident would be submitted to the government on September 13.
According to preliminary assessment of forensic experts, the toddy supplied by the shop in Kuttippuram could have been mixed with methyl, police said.
Kerala government had announced a judicial probe by a sitting High Court judge into the tragedy.
Eight people, including the key accused Dhravyan have been arrested so far in connection with the tragedy, they said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Yogi Adityanath's speech on his first visit to Gorakhpur after becoming UP CM
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?