Toll in Kerala hooch tragedy rises to 26
Malappuram: The death toll in the twin-illicit toddy tragedy in Malappuram district has gone to 26, with one more person, who was under treatment, succummbing
The victim Chandrabose (34), hailing from Malappuram, was undergoing treatment since September 6, at the Kozhikode Medical College hospital.
Few more people, who had consumed the illicit brew are still undergoing treatment at the Medical college hospital, sources said.
The Excise Commissioner S Subbaiah, who had visited Vaniyambalam in Vandoor, couple of days earlier, had said that the preliminary report on the incident would be submitted to the government on September 13.
According to preliminary assessment of forensic experts, the toddy supplied by the shop in Kuttippuram could have been mixed with methyl, police said.
Kerala government had announced a judicial probe by a sitting High Court judge into the tragedy.
Eight people, including the key accused Dhravyan have been arrested so far in connection with the tragedy, they said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok