Toll in Kerala hooch tragedy rises to 26
Malappuram: The death toll in the twin-illicit toddy tragedy in Malappuram district has gone to 26, with one more person, who was under treatment, succummbing
The victim Chandrabose (34), hailing from Malappuram, was undergoing treatment since September 6, at the Kozhikode Medical College hospital.
Few more people, who had consumed the illicit brew are still undergoing treatment at the Medical college hospital, sources said.
The Excise Commissioner S Subbaiah, who had visited Vaniyambalam in Vandoor, couple of days earlier, had said that the preliminary report on the incident would be submitted to the government on September 13.
According to preliminary assessment of forensic experts, the toddy supplied by the shop in Kuttippuram could have been mixed with methyl, police said.
Kerala government had announced a judicial probe by a sitting High Court judge into the tragedy.
Eight people, including the key accused Dhravyan have been arrested so far in connection with the tragedy, they said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price