Toll in Kerala hooch tragedy rises to 26
Malappuram: The death toll in the twin-illicit toddy tragedy in Malappuram district has gone to 26, with one more person, who was under treatment, succummbing
The victim Chandrabose (34), hailing from Malappuram, was undergoing treatment since September 6, at the Kozhikode Medical College hospital.
Few more people, who had consumed the illicit brew are still undergoing treatment at the Medical college hospital, sources said.
The Excise Commissioner S Subbaiah, who had visited Vaniyambalam in Vandoor, couple of days earlier, had said that the preliminary report on the incident would be submitted to the government on September 13.
According to preliminary assessment of forensic experts, the toddy supplied by the shop in Kuttippuram could have been mixed with methyl, police said.
Kerala government had announced a judicial probe by a sitting High Court judge into the tragedy.
Eight people, including the key accused Dhravyan have been arrested so far in connection with the tragedy, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?