TP murder: HC dismisses bail plea of CPI(M) leader
Kochi: The Kerala High Court today dismissed the bail plea of CPI(M) local committee member P K Kunhanandan, an accused in the murder of RMP leader T P Chandrasekharan, and directed the trial court to dispose the case by July 31 next year.
Justice P Bhavadasan directed the trial court at Kozhikode to take up the case as expeditiously as possible and dispose it on or before July 31 next year.
According to Kunhanandan, the report now filed by the Special Investigating Team, which is probing the case, cannot be treated as final report as the investigating officer had reserved the right to continue investigation and the right to file further reports.
If that be so, the so called final report could not be treated only as interim report, he said.
The petitioner said he had been in custody since June 23 this year and he was entitled to statutory bail.
The court said that on going through the report of investigating agency, it could be seen that all necessary particulars of the final report were available in the report and the statements in the final report along with materials are sufficient to take cognisance of the offence.
The case has been committed to sessions court since the offences are triable by sessions court.
The court also said the present contention is an afterthought and springs out of frustration in having failed to get bail on two earlier occasions also.
Chandrasekharan, a former CPI-M leader from the party stronghold of Onchiyam in Kozhikode district, was murdered at Vallikkad on May 4.
He was expelled a few years ago after falling out with the CPI-M leadership. He later floated RMP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report