Tragic end to people`s poet Ayyappan
Thiruvananthapuram: It was a tragic end to Kerala`s people`s poet A. Ayyappan who died here under mysterious circumstances Thursday night with his identity remaining unknown till Friday afternoon.
According to the police, the 61-year-old poet was brought to the General Hospital Thursday night after he was found unconscious near the Thiruvananthapuram railway station. He passed away late in the night but his identity remained unknown to police and hospital authorities.
After his identity was ascertained in the afternoon, politicians and general public made a beeline to the hospital to pay their last respects to the people`s poet.
Ayyappan, known for his heart-touching poems and bohemian lifestyle, was on his way to Chennai to receive the Asan Puraskaram, one of the highest literary awards in Malayalam literature, for the year 2010, sources close to his family said.
Chief Minister V.S. Achuthanandan and Culture Minister M.A. Baby have condoled his death.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list