Trawling ban in Kerala from June 15
Thiruvananthapuram: The 47-day ban on trawling by mechanised fishing boats during monsoon in Kerala would come into force from June 15.
Talking to reporters after a cabinet meeting here today, Chief Minister Oommen Chandy said the ban would be from June 15 to July 21.
Fishermen rendered jobless during the period would be given free ration. They would also get financial assistance under the Fish Workers Welfare Scheme, officials said.
Trawlers from other states would be asked not to enter the state coast during the ban period.
The 25-year old practice of banning trawling in the state is in view of the gestation period of different species of fishes during monsoon.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing