Trawling ban in Kerala from June 15
Thiruvananthapuram: The 47-day ban on trawling by mechanised fishing boats during monsoon in Kerala would come into force from June 15.
Talking to reporters after a cabinet meeting here today, Chief Minister Oommen Chandy said the ban would be from June 15 to July 21.
Fishermen rendered jobless during the period would be given free ration. They would also get financial assistance under the Fish Workers Welfare Scheme, officials said.
Trawlers from other states would be asked not to enter the state coast during the ban period.
The 25-year old practice of banning trawling in the state is in view of the gestation period of different species of fishes during monsoon.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Uttar Pradesh CM Akhilesh Yadav told Mulayam Singh's brother Shivpal that he would float new party?