Tremors felt again at Chimmony Dam area
Thrissur: For the third time since last week, mild tremors measuring 2.6 on the Richter scale were felt in the Chimmony Dam area, about 40 km from here, official sources said on Thursday.
The tremors, lasting 27 seconds, were experienced around 8 pm on Wednesday, they said.
It caused anxiety among the locals as this was the third time that the dam area experienced tremors since last week. Earlier, mild tremors were recorded on July 18 and 23.
Some residents of the area claimed that they heard a loud noise coinciding with the tremors.
The region has been experiencing heavy monsoon rains, resulting in copious inflows into the dam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fishermen killing case: Accused Italian marine Salvatore Girone returns home from India
- Pakistan may seek India's help in curbing terror: Rajnath Singh
- Leander Paes-Martina Hingis pair enters 2016 French Open mixed-doubles quarters
- Bihar Board Matric Class 10 Results 2016: BSEB 10th Result 2016, Bihar Class 10th Result 2016 to be declared today on May 29; check biharboard.bih.nic.in
- PM Narendra Modi plays traditional Khasi drum in Meghalaya