Tremors felt again at Chimmony Dam area
Thrissur: For the third time since last week, mild tremors measuring 2.6 on the Richter scale were felt in the Chimmony Dam area, about 40 km from here, official sources said on Thursday.
The tremors, lasting 27 seconds, were experienced around 8 pm on Wednesday, they said.
It caused anxiety among the locals as this was the third time that the dam area experienced tremors since last week. Earlier, mild tremors were recorded on July 18 and 23.
Some residents of the area claimed that they heard a loud noise coinciding with the tremors.
The region has been experiencing heavy monsoon rains, resulting in copious inflows into the dam.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations