Tremors felt again at Chimmony Dam area
Thrissur: For the third time since last week, mild tremors measuring 2.6 on the Richter scale were felt in the Chimmony Dam area, about 40 km from here, official sources said on Thursday.
The tremors, lasting 27 seconds, were experienced around 8 pm on Wednesday, they said.
It caused anxiety among the locals as this was the third time that the dam area experienced tremors since last week. Earlier, mild tremors were recorded on July 18 and 23.
Some residents of the area claimed that they heard a loud noise coinciding with the tremors.
The region has been experiencing heavy monsoon rains, resulting in copious inflows into the dam.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok