Tribals to get back usurped land in Palakkad: Kerala CM
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala Chief Minister VS Achuthanandan on Wednesday said land belonging to ethnic tribals at Attapadi near Palakkad, where a private firm has set up windmills, would be given back to the tribals.
Achuthanandan told reporters after the weekly cabinet meeting here the decision was taken after the state chief secretary submitted a report to this effect.
"We have also decided to launch a vigilance probe into the land grab because this seems to involve a few government departments also," said Achuthanandan.
"We have asked the vigilance department to see that the probe is completed in three months," said Achuthanandan.
The land grab issue had surfaced in the assembly in July and the Congress-led opposition asked the state government to take action against the officials and companies that had cheated the tribals in Palakkad district by usurping their land.
Around 146 acres of land that belonged to the tribals was taken from them on the sly at a very low price by a group of people and sold to the windmill company for a song.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- Huge blow for Arvind Kejriwal ahead of MCD elections, AAP MLA Ved Prakash joins BJP