Troubles continue for ex-CJI, KG Balakrishnan
Thrissur: Troubles continued for former CJI
KG Balakrishnan, who is now NHRC Chairman, with the survey
department concluding that his son-in-law and advocate PV
Sreenijan had allegedly encroached government land.
Following a complaint by president of Malayalavedi
State Committee George Vattukulam to the Mukundapuram
Tahasildar and the Executive Engineer (Irrigation) in February
last, the officials of the survey department had surveyed the
land under dispute recently and confirmed that it was
government land in possession of Sreenijan.
Vattukulam, a human rights activist, said here
today that the land allegedly encroached by Sreenijan at
Kalloor (Vadakkumuri) of Mukundapuram Taluk was over 32 cents.
The land under dispute adjacent to another plot of
land owned by the advocate, was on the bank of the river
Chalakudy, official sources said.
The survey department has sent a report to the revenue
department for any action deemed necessary, the sources said.
Vattukulam said he had pleaded in his complaints
that the encroached land should be recovered from Sreenijan
and that proper action should be initiated against the
guilty. Sreenijan already faces vigilance and tax probe over
allegations of amassing wealth.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble