Two BJP workers killed in bomb attack in Kannur
Kannur: Two BJP activists were killed
when they were attacked with crude bombs and stabbed allegedly
by CPI-M workers at New Mahe locality, triggering tension in
the politically sensitive district, police said.
The incident occurred at around 1130 hours as the victims
were proceeding on a motorcycle after appearing in a court in
connection with a attempt to murder case involving CPI-M
workers, they said.
The assailants first hurled bombs at the duo before
stabbing them. One person died on the spot, while the other
succumbed to injuries on his way to a hospital in Kozhikode.
The deceased were identified as K Vijith (28) and Sinoj
Police is maintaining strict vigil in the area.
Kannur district is known for political clashes between
ruling CPI-M and BJP workers.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you