Two BJP workers killed in bomb attack in Kannur
Kannur: Two BJP activists were killed
when they were attacked with crude bombs and stabbed allegedly
by CPI-M workers at New Mahe locality, triggering tension in
the politically sensitive district, police said.
The incident occurred at around 1130 hours as the victims
were proceeding on a motorcycle after appearing in a court in
connection with a attempt to murder case involving CPI-M
workers, they said.
The assailants first hurled bombs at the duo before
stabbing them. One person died on the spot, while the other
succumbed to injuries on his way to a hospital in Kozhikode.
The deceased were identified as K Vijith (28) and Sinoj
Police is maintaining strict vigil in the area.
Kannur district is known for political clashes between
ruling CPI-M and BJP workers.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah