Two BJP workers killed in bomb attack in Kannur
Kannur: Two BJP activists were killed
when they were attacked with crude bombs and stabbed allegedly
by CPI-M workers at New Mahe locality, triggering tension in
the politically sensitive district, police said.
The incident occurred at around 1130 hours as the victims
were proceeding on a motorcycle after appearing in a court in
connection with a attempt to murder case involving CPI-M
workers, they said.
The assailants first hurled bombs at the duo before
stabbing them. One person died on the spot, while the other
succumbed to injuries on his way to a hospital in Kozhikode.
The deceased were identified as K Vijith (28) and Sinoj
Police is maintaining strict vigil in the area.
Kannur district is known for political clashes between
ruling CPI-M and BJP workers.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened