Two children injured as crude bomb explodes in Kannur
Kannur (Kerala): Two children were injured when
a crude bomb exploded after one of them picked it up from the
premises of an uninhabited house near Taliparamba in the
district on Sunday, police said.
The crude bomb exploded after the boys, aged 12 and 9,
picked it up while playing in the area at Kadamberi, about 15
kms from here, they said.
The children were first admitted to the Pariyaram Medical
College Hospital near here and later referred to another
hospital for surgery, police said.
The district had often witnessed political violence among
rivals leading to bloodshed in many of such incidents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed