Two convicted for making fake passports
Thiruvananthapuram: A special CBI court here has convicted two persons in a fake passport case and sentenced them to three years rigorous imprisonment with a fine of Rs 10,000 each.
Sajin Fredreck and B Suresh have been convicted for criminal conspiracy, cheating, forgery among other sections of Indian Penal Code besides violation of the Passport Act, CBI said in a statement.
They have also been imposed with a penalty of Rs 10,000 each by the court, it said.
"CBI had registered the case on the directions of the Kerala High Court. It was alleged that Sajin Frederick, in pursuance of criminal conspiracy with Suresh and others, fraudulently and dishonestly submitted a passport application to the passport office at Thiruvananthapuram in the name of Peter Antony and enclosed forged copies of ration card and extract of school admission register," the statement said.
It said the accused obtained a passport in an impersonated name as Peter Antony bearing number E 3882091 dated March 4, 2003.
"Suresh, in pursuance of the conspiracy, knew that Sajin Frederick was impersonating as Peter Antony and had fabricated ration card and school admission register extract in the name of Peter Antony," it said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog