Two fishermen dead in gunshots off Kerala coast
Kochi: Two fishermen in a boat were killed
after security detail onboard a merchant vessel fired at them
off Alapuzha coast this evening, suspecting them to be
pirates, police said.
The fishermen from Kanyakumari in Tamil Nadu had put out
to sea this morning from Neendakara in Kollam district.
A naval press release said personnel onboard `Enrica
Lexie` fired on the fishermen mistaking them for pirates and
that the vessel informed authorities about the incident.
The Coast Guard then launched two ships `Sumar` and
`Lakshmi Bai` and an aircraft to trace the ship, located it
and asked it to anchor off Kochi for a detailed investigation.
INS Kabra from the southern naval command was also put
out to sea for the operation.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends