Two fishermen dead in gunshots off Kerala coast
Kochi: Two fishermen in a boat were killed
after security detail onboard a merchant vessel fired at them
off Alapuzha coast this evening, suspecting them to be
pirates, police said.
The fishermen from Kanyakumari in Tamil Nadu had put out
to sea this morning from Neendakara in Kollam district.
A naval press release said personnel onboard `Enrica
Lexie` fired on the fishermen mistaking them for pirates and
that the vessel informed authorities about the incident.
The Coast Guard then launched two ships `Sumar` and
`Lakshmi Bai` and an aircraft to trace the ship, located it
and asked it to anchor off Kochi for a detailed investigation.
INS Kabra from the southern naval command was also put
out to sea for the operation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack