Two girls` death linked to Kerala sex scandal
Kozhikode (Kerala): A local resident Thursday moved a court here demanding a fresh probe into the death of two teenaged girls close to a railway track near here in 1996, claiming the incident was linked to the city`s ice cream parlour sex scandal.
Top Indian Union Muslim League leader and former Kerala minister P.K. Kunhalikutty is among those facing the heat in the infamous sex scandal of the 1990s in which young girls were allegedly drugged, using ice creams laced with sedative, and sexually exploited.
The premises of an ice cream parlour in Kozhikode were allegedly used as a base for the sex racket, giving the scandal its name.
Abdul Azeez, a resident of this city, filed the petition before a first class magistrate here and submitted an audio CD and other documents which linked the girls` death to the ice cream parlour sex scandal.
The court has accepted the petition.
On Oct 29, 1996, the bodies of two girls, both Class 12 students, were found near a railway track near here.
The case, the petitioner claimed, was hushed up. He presented documents to prove that autopsy was not conducted on the bodies of the two girls.
Kunhalikutty faced the heat over the scandal early this year after his brother-in-law revealed that he (Kunhalikutty) allegedly influenced the judiciary and got away by evading being named an accused in the sex scandal.
Following the revelation, Chief Minister V.S. Achuthanandan ordered a re-investigation into the sex scandal and Kunhalikutty`s statements were recorded by the investigating officer.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why