Two girls drown as car slips into river; father attempts suicide
Alappuzha: Two girls drowned as the car
driven by their father plunged into the Pampa river at
Neerettupuram in the district today.
The Father was admitted to a hospital after he tried to
commit suicide by consuming poison in the shock of the
tragedy, police said.
The deceased were identified as Darsana (13) and Dona
(7), daughters of David, a school teacher.
The mishap occurred when David and his daughters were on
their way to attend the Sunday service in a church.
The girls were trapped in the car while their father
managed to come out.
His condition was not serious, hospital sources said.
The girls` bodies were taken out from the car by local
people with the help of police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued