Two girls drown as car slips into river; father attempts suicide
Alappuzha: Two girls drowned as the car
driven by their father plunged into the Pampa river at
Neerettupuram in the district today.
The Father was admitted to a hospital after he tried to
commit suicide by consuming poison in the shock of the
tragedy, police said.
The deceased were identified as Darsana (13) and Dona
(7), daughters of David, a school teacher.
The mishap occurred when David and his daughters were on
their way to attend the Sunday service in a church.
The girls were trapped in the car while their father
managed to come out.
His condition was not serious, hospital sources said.
The girls` bodies were taken out from the car by local
people with the help of police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress demands Sushma Swaraj's resignation over Lalit Modi's job offer to her husband