Two held for smuggling gold at Kerala airport
Kozhikode: An Air India Express cabin crew member and a woman passenger were arrested for carrying six kg gold at the airport here, an official said on Friday.
The directorate of revenue intelligence arrested cabin crew member, Hiromas Sebastian, who is from Wayanad district and was working with the airline for a few years. Passenger Rehalai Chellai was also arrested, an official of the national carrier said.
Officials acted on a tip-off and arrested the duo from the Air India Express flight that arrived here from Sharjah on Thursday evening.
In the past one week, customs officials have seized more than 10 kg of gold from passengers.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH