Two held for smuggling gold at Kerala airport
Kozhikode: An Air India Express cabin crew member and a woman passenger were arrested for carrying six kg gold at the airport here, an official said on Friday.
The directorate of revenue intelligence arrested cabin crew member, Hiromas Sebastian, who is from Wayanad district and was working with the airline for a few years. Passenger Rehalai Chellai was also arrested, an official of the national carrier said.
Officials acted on a tip-off and arrested the duo from the Air India Express flight that arrived here from Sharjah on Thursday evening.
In the past one week, customs officials have seized more than 10 kg of gold from passengers.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?