Two held for smuggling gold at Kerala airport
Kozhikode: An Air India Express cabin crew member and a woman passenger were arrested for carrying six kg gold at the airport here, an official said on Friday.
The directorate of revenue intelligence arrested cabin crew member, Hiromas Sebastian, who is from Wayanad district and was working with the airline for a few years. Passenger Rehalai Chellai was also arrested, an official of the national carrier said.
Officials acted on a tip-off and arrested the duo from the Air India Express flight that arrived here from Sharjah on Thursday evening.
In the past one week, customs officials have seized more than 10 kg of gold from passengers.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Kashmir unrest: Policeman injured in Burhan Wani protest dies, death toll rises to 46
- PNB Housing Finance readies Rs 2,500-crore IPO, heads to tier 2, 3 cities
- Guess which state has max urban net subscribers; Maha, Delhi tied in 2nd spot
- IOC in talks to buy GSPC's stake in Mundra LNG terminal
- UK vote to leave EU `adds to uncertainty` in global economy: G20