Two held for smuggling gold at Kerala airport
Kozhikode: An Air India Express cabin crew member and a woman passenger were arrested for carrying six kg gold at the airport here, an official said on Friday.
The directorate of revenue intelligence arrested cabin crew member, Hiromas Sebastian, who is from Wayanad district and was working with the airline for a few years. Passenger Rehalai Chellai was also arrested, an official of the national carrier said.
Officials acted on a tip-off and arrested the duo from the Air India Express flight that arrived here from Sharjah on Thursday evening.
In the past one week, customs officials have seized more than 10 kg of gold from passengers.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you