Two more CPI(M) activists held in Kerela
Idukki (Ker): After the arrest and remand of senior CPI(M) leader MM Mani last week, two more party functionaries were arrested on Tuesday in connection with a 30-year-old political murder, reopened in the wake of Mani`s controversial speech in which he said his party had in the past eliminated some of its political rivals in the district.
According to police, OG Madanan and Kanikari Kuttan were arrested from Rajakkad by the police team probing the murder of INTUC activist Anjeri Baby in early 1980s.
Mani, a former CPI(M) district secretary, was arrested on November 21 after he declined to comply with the police`s demand to turn up for a polygraph test.
While addressing a public meeting at Manakkad near Thodupuzha in the district a few months ago, Mani said his party had in the 1980s drawn up a list of political rivals to be eliminated and executed that, which sparked a raging controversy within and outside the state.
With Mani`s speech causing deep embarrassment to even the central leadership of the CPI(M), he was removed as party Idukki district secretary and suspended from the state committee in July last.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days