Two more CPI(M) activists held in Kerela
Idukki (Ker): After the arrest and remand of senior CPI(M) leader MM Mani last week, two more party functionaries were arrested on Tuesday in connection with a 30-year-old political murder, reopened in the wake of Mani`s controversial speech in which he said his party had in the past eliminated some of its political rivals in the district.
According to police, OG Madanan and Kanikari Kuttan were arrested from Rajakkad by the police team probing the murder of INTUC activist Anjeri Baby in early 1980s.
Mani, a former CPI(M) district secretary, was arrested on November 21 after he declined to comply with the police`s demand to turn up for a polygraph test.
While addressing a public meeting at Manakkad near Thodupuzha in the district a few months ago, Mani said his party had in the 1980s drawn up a list of political rivals to be eliminated and executed that, which sparked a raging controversy within and outside the state.
With Mani`s speech causing deep embarrassment to even the central leadership of the CPI(M), he was removed as party Idukki district secretary and suspended from the state committee in July last.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP win big with 81 seats, Shiv Sena bags 84; CM Fadnavis Maharashtra thanks Maharashtra voters, PM Modi
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: BJP wins big, grabs 81 BMC seats; Fadnavis credits PM Narendra Modi
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway