Two Navy employees among trio held for robbery
Visakhapatnam: Three alleged members of an inter-state gang, including two Navy employees working here, have been arrested in connection with last month`s robbery at a jewellery shop here, in which valuables worth Rs 70 lakh had been looted, police said.
Based on a tip-off, police arrested one Manish Chowhan of Bhind town in Madhya Pradesh in this connection, City Police Commissioner J Purnachandra Rao told reporters here on Friday.
During the investigation, Manish confessed to the crime and said that naval employees -- seaman Santosh Kumar Singh and chief petty officer Jagatha Ramakrishna, were also involved in this case.
According to police, these two naval employees guided other members of the gang and also took part in the crime that took place in Madhavadhara on September 25.
Police have recovered 1.5 kgs of gold ornaments from their possession. "Search is on to nab the other accused and recover the remaining jewellery," the commissioner said.
In a daylight robbery, the armed men had looted over two kilograms of gold and a kilogram of silver ornaments, collectively worth Rs 70 lakh, by threatening the owner of Nandini Jewellery shop at gunpoint in Muralinagar here, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- Say goodbye to your acidity woes with these ten simple tips!
- India prays for Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa; PM, Army Chief visit hospital