Two Navy employees among trio held for robbery
Visakhapatnam: Three alleged members of an inter-state gang, including two Navy employees working here, have been arrested in connection with last month`s robbery at a jewellery shop here, in which valuables worth Rs 70 lakh had been looted, police said.
Based on a tip-off, police arrested one Manish Chowhan of Bhind town in Madhya Pradesh in this connection, City Police Commissioner J Purnachandra Rao told reporters here on Friday.
During the investigation, Manish confessed to the crime and said that naval employees -- seaman Santosh Kumar Singh and chief petty officer Jagatha Ramakrishna, were also involved in this case.
According to police, these two naval employees guided other members of the gang and also took part in the crime that took place in Madhavadhara on September 25.
Police have recovered 1.5 kgs of gold ornaments from their possession. "Search is on to nab the other accused and recover the remaining jewellery," the commissioner said.
In a daylight robbery, the armed men had looted over two kilograms of gold and a kilogram of silver ornaments, collectively worth Rs 70 lakh, by threatening the owner of Nandini Jewellery shop at gunpoint in Muralinagar here, police said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state