Two ordinances sent to Governor by Keral CM
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala Chief Minister V S Achuthanandan today said two ordinances concerning other-state lotteries and takeover of land allegedly occupied illegally by Tatas in Munnar, have been sent to the Governor.
Talking to reporters,the Chief Minister said he had asked Finance Minister Thomas Isaac about how to control other-state lotteries which were allegedly violating rules in view of the widespread allegations that they were cheating common people.
The government would take stringent action for regulating
the lotteries, he said.
On Munnar operation to repossess the land allegedly occupied by Tatas in their tea estate there, Achuthanandan said whatever lands, which were illegally occupied by Tata company, would be reclaimed by the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by Fadnavis, Rijiju; Aviation Minister apologises