Two ordinances sent to Governor by Keral CM
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala Chief Minister V S Achuthanandan today said two ordinances concerning other-state lotteries and takeover of land allegedly occupied illegally by Tatas in Munnar, have been sent to the Governor.
Talking to reporters,the Chief Minister said he had asked Finance Minister Thomas Isaac about how to control other-state lotteries which were allegedly violating rules in view of the widespread allegations that they were cheating common people.
The government would take stringent action for regulating
the lotteries, he said.
On Munnar operation to repossess the land allegedly occupied by Tatas in their tea estate there, Achuthanandan said whatever lands, which were illegally occupied by Tata company, would be reclaimed by the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered