UDF does not believe in political vendetta: Chandy
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy today rejected the CPI-M charge that the UDF government had indulged in political vendetta by booking its party cadres in connection with the murder of Marxist rebel and Revolutionary Marxist Party leader T P Chandrasekheran.
"Whoever is involved in the conspiracy behind the murder will be brought to book. UDF never practices vendetta politics. Government`s wish is no senior leader of that party is involved in the crime," he said at a meet the press programme here.
Justifying the case registered against former CPI-M Idukki district secretary M M Mani for his controversial speech that the party had eliminated political foes in the past, he said it was government`s responsibility to maintain rule of law.
On ADGP Vincent M Paul, head of the Special Investigation Team probing the RMP leader`s murder case seeking three months leave, Chandy said he had applied for leave long time ago. The government, he said, would take a decision that would in no way affect the progress of the probe.
On recent attacks on persons in the name of `moral policing`, Chandy said police had been instructed to take stern action against those responsible for it.
On the one-year performance of the UDF government, Chandy claimed government had succeeded in starting many development projects while initiating welfare schemes for the poor.
Referring to the political situation in the state, he said there is no threat to his ministry though the ruling UDF has only 72 members in the 140 member assembly.
He criticised the CPI-M led LDF for fielding two candidates for the Rajya Sabha poll due from the state though LDF could win only one as per their strength. Their move clearly exposed their `dual face` as they expect some kind of `horse trading` and cross voting during the election, he said.
Chandy said UDF was united over this matter and LDF would not get a single vote from it. "If they think they can get a vote from UDF, they are living in a fool`s paradise," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- CHSE Odisha +2 Results 2015 (chseodisha.nic.in): Odisha Board Class 12th Result 2015 declared on orissaresults.nic.in